Contact us Follow us :
Boost mobile broadband user experience
- European operator
- 15 million subscribers
- 3G & HSPA networks
- 76 RNCs monitored (Iub, IuCs, IuPs, Gn interfaces)
Deliver HIGH SPEED web browsing
The service provider developed a rich portfolio of entertaining multimedia content such as gaming, video and music targeted at teenagers. Music tracks are available from its portal. In order to accelerate data service adoption and revenue growth, the service provider wanted to ensure that it delivered:
- Ultra fast access to its music store from anywhere and at anytime,
- PC-like multimedia file download time experience.
Measure mobile browsing experience & boost it
Our customer deployed the Astellia probe-based solution over its 76 RNCs and monitored the Gn interfaces with Nova Analytics providing:
- End-to-end network visibility,
- Service quality perception from end-user perspective
- Advanced troubleshooting capabilities.
Time to download music portal
- 50% of subscribers abandon a web page taking over 10 sec to download
- 30% will not return to that website.
Music portal download time
Well conscious of this trend and in order to ensure optimum user experience when browsing, our customer has placed greater emphasis on monitoring and optimizing the time needed to download its multimedia portal per:
- Handset type
Slow download throughput
Three months after the multimedia service launch, the operator identified that the MP3 download platform was not providing sufficient throughput. All subscribers, including the ones who had opted for a 3G+ data plan, were limited to 400 Kbps instead of 2Mbps.
The Astellia service assurance solution enabled the operator to analyze this problem by measuring average throughput / server / downloaded file size. The MP3 Gateway had been wrongly configured.